Chris (pgchris) wrote,

  • Mood:


Well, I made it to New York and back, so that was definitely a good thing.

The bad thing was that nothing went according to plan. What was originally supposed to be a 13 hour drive turned into an 18 hour drive because of the holiday traffic and the fact that it was raining. We ended up pulling into Janice's (where we were staying for the first night) at 6 am - yes, 6 in the morning. We pull in and get out of the car when I hear this hissing noise. She lives by the woods, so I just assume it's that, until I notice it's my tire. It's dark, so I can't tell where the hole is, but it's definitely my tire. I fell asleep for about an hour and a half on an air matress on the floor, and long story short, we missed our train to get into the city, which would ultimately mean that we would miss the entire parade (minus the end of the Ronald McDonald float from two blocks down). We went into the city and had lunch at a diner in Times Square, which was fun, and then we headed back to Janice's to fix my tire. We thought we got it fixed, but the next day on our way into the city to see the guys perform on Good Morning America, my tire gave out right before the Lincoln Tunnel, so thankfully some random motorist pulled over and helped change my tire. Needless to say, we missed our call time for GMA and stood out in the freezing cold in the middle of Times Square. It was still cool to be there, but it was just one more thing that went wrong. We all found a place to meet up where the guys could spend a couple minutes seeing friends and family away from fans, so I got to see the guys for a quick minute - long enough to say hi and bye. I spent about 10 minutes playing with Frankie (or letting him beat me up, however you wanna look at it...haha) and went back to pack up to leave for PA to see Joey's parade and spend the night at his house. Needless to say, it took too long and we weren't gonna make it to PA, so we just decided to say "forget it" and head back home. It was AMAZING to see everybody, but NYC did not go as planned. It was definitely cool to see how far the guys had come though compared to this time last year when I was getting ready to go on tour with them.

All that aside, I still haven't paid my phone bill - making it a week overdue. I'm hoping to be able to pay it tomorrow and cover the $175 for my liability insurance, but on top of that, I owe my mom $250, and have my credit card maxed out at $750, which essentially leaves me no money for the birthday presents I need to get, or Christmas...not to mention the daily essentials - gas, food, etc. so I'm not sure how this is gonna all work out. I'm crossing my fingers, though.

I'm so ready to get out of here and just move. I just feel like a fresh start would be SO good. I just need a getaway...a reason to smile. I need to feel like I'm doing something.

I'm exhausted.

I'm sleeping.

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded